Published: 23 March 2021
1. Last year was like no other & it is pleasing that the Council continued to operate effectively through remote meetings .
2. Sixty seven organisations received financial support from the Council & it was very disappointing that cheques could not be presented at an Awards Evening.
3. New developments included :
- Identification of sites for tree planting , in consultation with residents
- Installation of additional litter bins
- Design of an avenue of trees leading to the Boating Lake , works planned for 21/22
- Request to TCBC to install community bench at Edlogan Square funded by the Community Council
- Installation of a Defibrillator at the Boating Lake , in partnership with Cwmbran CC
- Discussions with CCYP about the installation of a Defibrillator funded by the Community Council
- Financial support to Llanyrafon AFC for improvements to both the changing rooms & the pitch
4. With funding from the Council, the Hwb has developed ambitious plans to transform Woodland Road Sports & Social Centre .
5. What would you like the Council to do in the next 12 months ?